Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teryaki Sauce

I LOVE me some teryaki. On veggies, in a stir-fry, over spaghetti and veggies for a delicious low mien. It's just a delicious and versatile sauce.

The store bought varieties of teryaki is alright. But I like to make my own. I'm a cheapskate and besides, it easy. This particular recipe comes from Recipezaar and it's a delicious recipe. I've changed it to include fresh ginger and garlic but you can sub dry if that's what you have.

Teryaki Sauce

1 cup water
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
5 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
2 Tbsp corn starch

Mix everything but the cornstarch in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Mix corn starch into 1/4 cup water to create a slurry. Add to sauce and cook until thickened. Use immediately or store in fridge for up to a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment