Saturday, July 24, 2010

Southern Potato Salad

In the past when I've made potato salad, I never really followed a recipe. Just took some potatoes and hard boiled eggs with mayo and added some other things to it to make it how I wanted at the time. It was always missing something, just didn't know what. Then I realized I needed a recipe.

The original recipe I found was for 'Southern Potato Salad' on allrecipes.com. It was a good base to start with but again, it needed something. I played around with it until I got what I think is a pretty good not-from-the-deli potato salad...

'Southern' Potato Salad

4-5 medium red potatoes
2 eggs, hard boiled
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 stalk celery, diced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp minced garlic (about 1 clove)
1/4 tsp celery seed
salt and pepper to taste

Cube the potatoes into 1/2" pieces and boil until soft (about 10 minutes). Meanwhile, combine other ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. When potatoes are done, drain well and add to dressing mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until cool.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment