Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pizza Sauce

There is nothing I love more than a freshly made pizza on a Saturday night. Pizza is incredibly easy to make although the jarred pizza sauce you buy at the supermarket is just plain disgusting. And salty.

While cruising the web to find a recipe for good pizza sauce, I came across a discussion board for pizza connoisseurs. Searched through many a recipes and picked one. I changed things up like I do and over the months, have tweaked the recipe to my own personal liking. This is very good when it is just made but it gets better as time goes on. I now make this a few days before I make pizza so it has plenty of time to get the very best it can. NO ready made pizza sauce is ANYthing like this!

Pizza Sauce

6 oz can tomato paste
6 oz water
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp grated parmesan

Combine everything but the parmesan in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 10-15 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently. Take off heat and add parmesan. Stir to melt cheese. Let cool before using.


You can use this for when you're making pizza, use it as a dipping sauce for breadsticks or for homemade pizza rolls. Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment